[Virtual] Girl Scout Camp - Junior Disaster and Rescue Camp / Earn a Journey Award and a Badge!
Join us on an exciting, fully interactive, and completely hands-on virtual camp adventure where we will be building strong structures and earthquake-safe buildings. And as Girl Scouts always do, we’ll jump in to see how we can help others! Build your own Emergency pet shelter and put on your inventor hat to create a new product to assist people caught in natural disasters. We will also learn about a few disasters in our country’s history through camp songs and active games. But that’s not where the fun ends!
o 5 Days, Mon - Fri, with 2.5 Hours each day, jammed packed with hands-on, fully interactive activities to stimulate critical & creative thinking, a growth mind-set, social-emotional skills, and to get the body up & moving!
o A STEAM lesson & design build each day which completes a Girl Scout badge or Journey requirement
o Each day of camp we will also be focusing on two parts of the Girl Scout Law through our STEAM lesson, songs and/or games
o Camp Songs! Both active (get up and move!) songs and relaxing campfire songs
o Active (get up and move!) Camp Games
o A Camp Surprise each day - some of those being mini-STEAM builds!
o New Girl Scout Friends!
o Each camper will receive a Camp Survival Bag filled with supplies labeled for each day.
o All taught by a former Girl Scout Resident Camp Director who is a current Challenge Island Owner!
During this camp, Juniors will earn their Product Designer Badge and Think Like an Engineer Journey Award (which is the completed Journey except for the Take Action Project which must come from the girls’ vision and be implemented in her community per GS requirements). Girls will receive a Certificate of Completion, and an exclusive Challenge Island Patch.
- Our goal is for the girls to be independent during the camp hours, with limited help from parents. If possible, help your daughter find a comfortable place to spend her time, with room to work and their bag of supplies.
- Girl Scout Camps are focused on one Girl Scout level. If this is your daughter’s bridging summer, register her for either the level she is bridging from or bridging to but not both over the same summer.
- If you have more than one Girl Scout in the same girl level, siblings receive a 50% discount for the class. Register the additional sister(s) by paying only the $25 deposit. The discount will be applied and then you will be able to pay the balance.
- Each camper will receive a Camp Survival Bag filled with supplies labeled for each day of camp. The bag of supplies will include everything they need except scissors, markers/crayons, & tape.
- The supply bags are to be picked up if you are local. We will communicate the pick up locations and times. If you are far, we can arrange Shipping.
- Zoom Links will be sent out the day before camp starts.
- TO REGISTER: A $25 deposit is required to hold a spot in the camp. Deposits are applied to the total cost of the camp. Students must be paid-in-full one week before the start of camp and before supplies are given out.
- Cancellation/Refund: Full refunds are given for cancellations made up to one week before the start date of the camp. If cancelling after that time, a full refund will be given if the spot can be filled by someone on the wait list. If cancelling after that time and the spot cannot be filled, a refund will be given minus the deposit to cover transaction costs. There are no refunds after the first class and once supplies are delivered.
Proprietary materials In registering for this online camp you acknowledge that all curriculum, lesson plans, know-how, trade secrets, methodologies, techniques, procedures, and materials, in whatever form, shall remain the sole property of Challenge Island Global LLC. Duplication of Challenge Island materials in any form is not allowed under any circumstances.