Challenge Island® partners with Girl Scout Councils nationwide, and we are now offering hands-on virtual STEAM Girl Scout workshops for Daisies, Brownies, Juniors, and Cadettes! During this badge workshop, Girls will use their critical thinking, problem solving and design skills to learn how Product Designers solve real problems for real people while incorporating the Engineering process to complete the Junior Product Designer Badge. All you need is a few basic household supplies and a device to log into the virtual classroom. Your Girl Scout is sure to enjoy this hands-on, interactive online class while connecting with troop members and other area Girl Scouts.
But girls be warned: These are not sit-watch-a-video and do the activity on your own types of classes! These classes are fully interactive with the teacher and the other kids on the call and completely hands-on, just as our in-person classes are.
Every participant receives an exclusive Challenge Island Fun Patch and certificate!
*Girls are encouraged to wear their Scout sash/vest.
* Our whimsical, creativity-based STEM/STEAM curriculum inspires girls to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math.
· * The Scientific Method is used by girls throughout each challenge as our cross-curricular island themes extends their learning across multiple disciplines.
· * Both left & right sides of the brain are utilized as innovative, creative thinking is encouraged and celebrated.
· * Challenges emphasize valuable skills such as communication, critical & creative thinking, flexibility, leadership, initiative, social skills & grit.
· * Our workshops prepare the fun, lively G.I.R.L. of today for the ever-changing global marketplace of the future.
Proprietary materials In registering for this online class you acknowledge that all curriculum, lesson plans, know-how, trade secrets, methodologies, techniques, procedures, and materials, in whatever form, shall remain the sole property of Challenge Island Global LLC. Duplication of Challenge Island materials in any form is not allowed under any circumstances.