Virtual - GS Junior Product Designer Badge Workshop (Nov 10, 2:00-3:30 PM Pacific)
Challenge Island® partners with Girl Scout councils nationwide, and we also offer fully interactive, hands-on STEAM Girl Scout virtual workshops for girls of all ages - Daisy through Ambassador! This workshop is taught by a certified Challenge Island Owner who is also a Lifetime Girl Scout and a former Girl Scout Council Director. But girls be warned: These are not sit-watch-a-video and do the activity on your own types of classes! These classes are fully interactive with the teacher and the other kids on the call and completely hands-on, just as our in-person classes are. So come join us on our interactive online classes and connect with your troop members and new Girl Scout friends. We have put together a special workshop just for you!
· * Our whimsical, creativity-based STEM/STEAM curriculum inspires girls to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math.
· * The Scientific Method / Engineering Design Process is used by girls throughout every challenge as our cross-curricular island themes extends their learning across multiple disciplines.
· * Both left & right sides of the brain are utilized as innovative, creative thinking is encouraged and celebrated.
· * Challenges emphasize valuable skills such as communication, critical & creative thinking, flexibility, leadership, initiative, social skills, grit, & perseverance.
· * Our workshops prepare the fun, lively G.I.R.L. of today for the ever-changing global marketplace of the future.
Come Join Us and find out what Challenge Island is all about! We have put together a special workshop just for you!
In the Junior Product Designer Badge Workshop, girls will use the Engineering Design Process to complete the badge requirements by learning about product design, evaluation, and improvement, as well as solving a problem and end-users. Once these are taken into account, they will then be able to redesign a well used product their household uses.
Girls are encouraged to wear their sash/vest.
Cost includes: 1 1/2-hour workshop a design build challenge, materials list scavenger hunt, additional printouts, and a Certificate of Completion & exclusive Challenge Island patch mailed directly to the Girl Scout. This does not include the badge.
If you have more than one Girl Scout in this level in your household, the 2nd girl gets 50% off.
OTHER OPTIONS: IF these dates/times don't work your schedule(s) - - CHECK OUT OUR SOCIAL BUBBLES!! YOU choose the Date(s)/Times, location, program/badges to earn, AND who get to attend (neighborhood friends, family, GS troop, Girl Scouts in the neighborhood, co-workers kids). You're free to choose it all! Social Bubbles are in-person with a Challenge Island Teacher who will follow all Covid safety protocols set forth by the CDC, State, and Challenge Island. She will come to you! Ask about it today by emailing CISanDiego@challenge-island.com or calling 858-633-7648.
Proprietary materials In registering for this online class you acknowledge that all curriculum, lesson plans, know-how, trade secrets, methodologies, techniques, procedures, and materials, in whatever form, shall remain the sole property of Challenge Island Global LLC. Duplication of Challenge Island materials in any form is not allowed under any circumstances.