Challenge Island, the world's #1 STEAM program presents Disaster Island Part 1.
Inspired by the best-selling survival book series, Disaster Island© will take your tribe on a thrilling adventure through some of the most famous disasters in history! From the eruption of Mount Vesuvius to the sinking of the Titanic to the Great San Francisco earthquake, you and your tribemates will work together to overcome epic challenges using only the materials in your treasure chest and the power of your imagination.
This enrichment program will run for 6 sessions. No session scheduled on October 4.
* Our whimsical, creativity-based STEM/STEAM curriculum inspires boys and girls to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math.
· * The Scientific Method is used by students throughout each challenge as our cross-curricular island themes extends their learning across multiple disciplines.
· * Both left & right sides of the brain are utilized as innovative, creative thinking is encouraged and celebrated.
· * Challenges emphasize valuable skills such as communication, critical & creative thinking, flexibility, leadership, initiative, social skills & grit.
· * Our workshops prepare the fun, lively learner of today for the ever-changing global marketplace of the future.
Come Join Us and find out what Challenge Island is all about!
*Challenge Island adheres to the NCDHHS safety guidelines. Our Challenge Island certified staff has been fully vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus. Masks are worn during instructional time.