About the Challenge Island STEAM Program
Challenge Island is a cross-educational STEAM-based (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) enrichment program for kids! They are currently the #1 STEM/STEAM Franchise and are completely unplugged with no digital technology or Legos. Children are taken on unique "island" adventures where they work in collaborative groups to take on high-level thinking challenges on real world issues using only the materials in their treasure chest and their creativity.
Kids experience all five aspects of STEAM - science, technology (invention & innovation), engineering, arts (language & creative), and math - to successfully complete challenges on real world issues; while also increasing their soft skills / life skills in communication, collaboration, critical and creative thinking, flexibility, sociability, initiative, leadership, and perseverance through difficulty. Challenge Island is dedicated to ensuring a brighter future for our kids and our communities by helping you prepare your child to succeed in the 21st Century and beyond!
GTACS FALL Enrichment -
November-December - 5 Weeks
@ Immaculate Conception Elementary School
- Wednesdays: Nov 10, 17, Dec 1, 8, 15
- Time: 2:30 PM - 4:15 PM (Immediately after school dismissal)
- First 15 minutes are for gathering & roll call in the gym and for bathroom visits on the way to the classroom.
- Programs are once a week
STEAM Tank Entrepreneurs: Part 2
Calling all innovative and inventive kids to an adventure in STEAM and entrepreneurship! You and your teammates will design, create, and open new businesses and/or product lines each session. In these sessions, we will be opening pet resorts and food trucks to cider mills, corn mazes and pop-up holiday shops. We will revisit the importance of a well-chosen Business Name & Logo, as well as explore Product Development, Packaging, Design, and Community Give-Back. Can you convince the shark “investors” to give you seed money to start your business? Every week at the end of class, parents are the “investors” in our own personal Shark Tank experience! Don’t miss out on this-one-of a kind entrepreneurial adventure!
In this session, kids will be creating some products which they will be able to give as Christmas gifts to their family.
Participation in Part 2 stands alone from Part 1 and does not require having participated in Part 1 to have a well-rounded entrepreneurial experience.
· $90 for the 5-week program, which includes five 1-hour & 30-minute sessions, all five aspects of STEAM as well as Life Skills, all materials, and take-aways.
· If the program spots fill up, we highly encourage you to place your child on the waiting list. There are many times people have cancelled at the last minute and spots have opened up.
· In the event GTACS cancels after school classes due to Covid issues OR if GTACS schools go virtual, no after-school activities will be held per school policy. If cancellations happen due to Covid issues, Challenge Island will prorate the classes and refund families for the cancelled classes which will not take place.
· In the event school is closed due to WEATHER, no after-school activities will be held per school policy. There is no guarantee of a make-up date in the case of inclement weather. Missed sessions will be made up if schedules allow (which includes Challenge Island schedules/school room schedules/GTACS schedules). Challenge Island will make all efforts to make up sessions cancelled due to weather where possible.
· Registration is through GTACS Popsicle site. Click on the registration button on this page for a direct link to the site to register.
· Multiple Child Discount** - If you have more than one child from the same household enrolled in a CI after school program at the same time, please see GTACS Popsicle site for more information.
We want to offer more classes at additional school locations; however, we need Instructors & Assistants! WE ARE HIRING!
· Either teaching position is PERFECT FOR teachers, college students, graduate students, retired teachers, and stay-at-home parents seeking to supplement income. A perfect experience for college students majoring in education or psychology (especially if needing classroom hours).
· All positions are Part-Time.
· Any type of teaching experience (school, church, volunteer) is beneficial, but not required. We will train qualified candidates in our unique program and teaching philosophy.
· All supplies and lesson plans are provided.
· You tell us when YOU want to work. Choose classes that fit YOUR schedule.
If you have questions or are interested in a fun and rewarding position that fits your weird schedule ~ Contact Renee Allen today! 231-633-4955 or firstname.lastname@example.org