WORLD CRUISE CAMP™
Set sail for imagination and adventure with this World Class camp! You and your first mates will design a cruise ship and embark on a voyage around the globe. You’ll engineer your way through the world’s most popular ports: From the Alaskan Glaciers to Ancient Greece to the Canals of Venice to the Galapagos Islands. See you on the Lido Deck for our Sail Away Party and STEAMtastic High Seas Adventure!
If you’d like to see what fills our days, check out our Camp Day Schedule
You may have noticed that we've shortened our camp day by a half hour. We found that even with a snack time, campers were REALLY hungry by the time they left camp for the day. However, we only tightened up our loose time and kept in all the STEAM builds and camp fun!
Camp Fee includes:
· Our one-of-a-kind award-winning S.T.E.A.M. curriculum in the outdoors and related to environment
· Opportunity for your child to develop their socio-emotional skills and 21st Century Skills in communication, collaboration, critical and creative thinking, flexibility, sociability, teamwork, initiative, leadership, grit, and perseverance
· Hands-on STEAM Activities & Challenges EVERY day to grow and stretch our minds
· Outdoor Games, Songs, & Open Play EVERY day
· Campers bring a snack and Healthy Snacks (fruits) will also be provided
· A Challenge Island T-Shirt
· A Challenge Island Water Bottle
· A Challenge Island Drawstring Bag - At the end of the week, campers take home their drawstring bag filled with builds they engineered.
- Camp is open to kids who have COMPLETED Kindergarten - 5th grade. REGISTER your camper BY the GRADE THEY WILL BE IN FALL 2022. Campers are placed in same/similar grade groups.
- Camp will be held outdoors on the property of the Grand Traverse Area Children’s Garden nestled between the Traverse Area District Library and Hull Park.
- Experienced Teachers who are First Aid/CPR/AED certified, background checked, & CI Trained.
- Campers should come to camp wearing sunscreen, a sun hat, & close-toed shoes and bring bug spray and personal snack(s) (water bottles provided).
- If your child is a Girl Scout or Boy Scout, indicate this and scout level (Brownie, Junior, Bear, Wolf, etc.) on the registration. They will receive a list of completed badge(s) requirements at the end of camp.
- A Camp Welcome email will be sent out 2 weeks prior to the start of camp with camp details. If you have questions prior to receiving it, contact Renee Allen at email@example.com or 231-633-4955.
- TO REGISTER, a $30 non-refundable deposit is needed for each week of camp registering. Deposits are applied to the total cost of camp. Payment in full is due no later than 2 weeks before the start date of camp.
- Cancellation policy: For cancellations made earlier than 2 weeks before the start of camp, a full refund minus the deposit will be given. For cancellations made, within 2 weeks of the start of camp, a 50% refund will be given. In the event camp is cancelled due to COVID-related concerns, Challenge Island will prorate and provide a full refund for each day that was cancelled.
Challenge Island will follow all CDC, State, and Challenge Island guidelines. See further info Here.