SUPER STEAM HERO CAMP
Wham! Bam! Pow! Kaboom! Calling all Super STEAM Kids to a high-flying Challenge Island® experience! You and your team will channel your extraordinary powers into a universe of challenges inspired by the outdoors and your favorite Heroes and Heroines. You will be the heroes of our outdoor plant and animal wildlife! We'll conduct STEAMy experiments and learn about life within the Children’s Garden. And it IS camp, so of course there will be camp songs and games! This incredible camp promises to be a Super-Duper, unforgettable adventure for every boy and girl!
CAMP FEE INCLUDES:
· Our one-of-a-kind award-winning S.T.E.A.M. curriculum in the outdoors and
related to environment
· Opportunity for your child to develop their socio-emotional skills and 21st
Century Skills in communication, collaboration, critical and creative thinking, flexibility, sociability, teamwork, initiative, leadership, grit, and perseverance
· Hands-on STEAM Activities & Challenges EVERY day to grow and stretch our
· Outdoor Games, Songs, & Open Play EVERY day
· Campers bring a snack and in addition, Healthy Snacks (fruit) will also be
· A Challenge Island T-Shirt
· A Challenge Island Drawstring Bag - During the week, campers use their bag to bring needed items back and forth to camp and keep it at the end of the week.
- Camp is open to kids who have COMPLETED Kindergarten - 5th grade. REGISTER your camper BY their CURRENT GRADE. Campers are placed in same/similar grade groups.
- Camp will be held outdoors on the property of the Grand Traverse Area Children’s Garden nestled between the Traverse Area District Library and Hull Park.
- Experienced Teachers who are First Aid/CPR/AED certified, background checked, & CI Trained.
- Campers should come to camp wearing sunscreen, a sun hat, & close-toed shoes, and with water bottle & personal snack(s).
- If your child is a Girl Scout or Boy Scout, indicate this and scout level (Brownie, Junior, Bear, Wolf, etc.) on the registration. They will receive a list of completed badge(s) requirements at the end of camp.
- A Camp Welcome email will be sent out 2 weeks prior to the start of camp with camp details. If you have questions prior to receiving it, contact Renee Allen at email@example.com or 231-633-4955.
- TO REGISTER, a $30 non-refundable deposit is needed for each week of camp registering. Deposits are applied to the total cost of camp. Payment in full is due no later than 2 weeks before the start date of camp.
- Cancellation policy: For cancellations made earlier than 2 weeks before the start of camp, a full refund minus the deposit will be given. For cancellations made, within 2 weeks of the start of camp, a 50% refund will be given.